Free Lawyers in ELGIN IL, Attorneys Associations and Volunteers Near Me in Familiy Law, Divorce, Immigration, Employment, Civil, Criminal, Free Conusltation & More.
Free Lawyers ELGIN IL | Attorneys Free Legal Aid | Associations and Volunteers Near Me | For Low Income Clients. Phone Number & Address.
Free Legal Aid in ELGIN IL.
This section offers a concise guide to free legal aid options available. It’s a valuable resource for residents seeking legal assistance without the financial burden.
Free Family & Divorce Lawyers & Consultation in ELGIN IL.
This section provides a quick guide to accessing free legal assistance in family and divorce matters. It features.
Immigration Lawyers in ELGIN IL Free Consultation.
This section offers a direct guide to free consultations with immigration lawyers.
Free Personal Injury Lawyers in ELGIN IL.
This section is dedicated to providing information on free personal injury legal services
Free Employment Lawyers in ELGIN IL.
This section focuses on connecting individuals with free legal assistance in employment-related issues.
Directory of Free Lawyers in ELGIN IL.
A comprehensive list of pro bono lawyers specializing in different areas of law, including family law, immigration, and criminal defense.
Prairie State Legal Services, Inc.
- Call Now: (630) 232-9415
- Address: 1024 West Main, Saint Charles, IL 60174
- Specializing in: Bankruptcy, Civil Rights, Consumer, and Criminal
Kane County Bar Association LRS
- Call Now: (630) 762-1900
- Address: 555 S. Randall Road Suite 205, St. Charles, IL 60174
- Specializing in: Criminal, Divorce, and Family
DuPage Bar Legal Aid Service
- Call Now: (630) 653-6212
- Address: 126 S County Farm Rd, Wheaton, IL 60187
- Specializing in: Bankruptcy, Criminal, Divorce, and Estate Planning
Association & Volunteers | Free legal Aid.
Here are important associations in the United States that provide pro bono or free legal assistance, along with a brief description of each and a link to their website:
- Her Justice: Assists women who are facing poverty and, often, domestic abuse. Lawyers provide advice on immigration, orders of protection, and divorces, among other matters.
- Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts (VLA): Founded in 1969, VLA provides legal representation to low-income individual artists and non-profit arts organizations in New York.
- My Sister’s Place: This non-profit offers residential shelters and a range of support services, including legal, to victims of domestic violence and their children.
- Human Rights First: Established in 1978, it works with individuals at home and abroad whose human rights are at risk, such as refugees and victims of crimes against humanity.
- The Innocence Project: Founded in 1992, this organization seeks to exonerate prisoners who DNA testing can prove innocent.
- Ladder Up: Helps low-income individuals in the Chicago area file tax returns and claim tax credits.
- Kids in Need of Defense (KIND): Co-founded by Angelina Jolie, KIND provides legal representation to unaccompanied refugee and immigrant children in their deportation proceedings.
- American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) ACLU Website The ACLU works on a wide range of legal issues, including civil rights and liberties, such as freedom of speech, immigrant rights, and privacy.
- Legal Services Corporation (LSC) LSC Website LSC is one of the largest funders of legal aid programs in the U.S., focusing on low-income individuals and providing a variety of legal services.
- Pro Bono Institute Pro Bono Institute Website This organization promotes and supports the efforts of pro bono lawyers across the country, working with law firms and corporate legal departments.
- National Legal Aid & Defender Association (NLADA) NLADA Website NLADA is an association representing public defense attorneys and legal aid organizations, advocating for justice for low-income individuals.
- Equal Justice Works Equal Justice Works Website This organization focuses on mobilizing the next generation of lawyers committed to equal justice, offering fellowships and public service programs.
- Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts (VLA) VLA Website VLA provides legal counseling and education to artists and arts organizations, covering issues like copyright and contracts.
- The Innocence Project The Innocence Project Website Focuses on exonerating wrongly convicted individuals through DNA testing and reforming the legal system to prevent future injustices.
- Immigrant Legal Resource Center (ILRC) ILRC Website ILRC works on legal education and assistance for immigrants, offering resources and training on immigration laws.
- National Immigration Law Center (NILC) NILC Website NILC specializes in legal issues related to low-income immigrants, advocating for fair policies and providing legal counsel.
- Lambda Legal Lambda Legal Website This organization is dedicated to the civil rights of the LGBTQ+ community and people with HIV, addressing issues like discrimination and family rights.
- Earthjustice Earthjustice Website Earthjustice is a nonprofit organization dedicated to environmental litigation, working on cases that impact public health and the environment.
- Public Counsel Public Counsel Website Public Counsel offers a wide range of pro bono legal services, including immigration matters, veterans’ rights, and public interest litigation.
- Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights Under Law Lawyers’ Committee Website This organization focuses on addressing racial and economic inequalities through litigation and policy advocacy.
- National Veterans Legal Services Program (NVLSP) NVLSP Website NVLSP provides legal assistance to veterans and active-duty service members, focusing on benefits, compensation, and rights.
- Kids in Need of Defense (KIND) KIND Website KIND specializes in representing unaccompanied immigrant children, seeking to ensure their safety and well-being.
- Legal Aid Society Legal Aid Society Website This organization provides legal assistance in a variety of areas, including housing, employment, and immigrant rights.
- Asian Americans Advancing Justice (AAAJ) AAAJ Website AAAJ works on advocacy and education for the civil rights of Asian Americans and other underserved groups.
- Center for Constitutional Rights Center for Constitutional Rights Website Focuses on progressive litigation and activism to promote human rights and social justice.
- Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) SPLC Website SPLC is known for its litigation against hate groups and its work in civil rights and social justice.
- National Coalition Against Domestic Violence (NCADV) NCADV Website NCADV works on advocacy and support for victims of domestic violence, including legal counseling and resources.
- Disability Rights Education and Defense Fund (DREDF) DREDF Website DREDF focuses on the rights and education of people with disabilities, promoting equal access and opportunities.
- National Center for Lesbian Rights (NCLR) NCLR Website NCLR advocates for the civil and human rights of the LGBTQ+ community through litigation, public policy, and education.
- National Organization for Women Legal Defense and Education Fund (NOW Legal Defense) NOW Legal Defense Website This organization focuses on women’s rights, including gender equality, reproductive rights, and protection against violence.
- Mexican American Legal Defense and Educational Fund (MALDEF) MALDEF Website MALDEF works on promoting the civil rights of Latinos in the United States through litigation, advocacy, and education.
- Brennan Center for Justice Brennan Center for Justice Website This center is dedicated to justice reform, protecting voting rights, and promoting government transparency.
- National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) Legal Defense Fund NAACP Legal Defense Fund Website The NAACP LDF is one of the leading civil rights organizations in the U.S., focusing on combating racial discrimination.
- Transgender Legal Defense & Education Fund (TLDEF) TLDEF Website TLDEF works on the defense and education of the rights of transgender and gender-nonconforming people.
- Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF) EFF Website EFF defends civil liberties in the digital world, focusing on privacy, freedom of expression, and digital rights.
- National Domestic Workers Alliance (NDWA) NDWA Website NDWA advocates for the rights and protection of domestic workers, including legal advice on labor issues.
- Prisoners’ Legal Services Prisoners’ Legal Services Website This organization provides legal assistance to incarcerated individuals, addressing issues like detention conditions and access to justice.
Free Legal Aid Resources.
This website is a comprehensive resource dedicated to providing information about free legal aid. It offers a detailed guide for individuals seeking pro bono lawyers, attorney associations, and volunteers in various legal fields. Key areas of focus include family law, divorce, immigration, employment, civil rights, and criminal defense. The site aims to connect those in need with experienced legal professionals who offer free consultations and assistance.
Attorneys Associations and Volunteer Networks
Information about local attorney associations and volunteer networks that provide free legal aid and consultation.
Specialized Legal Assistance
Dedicated sections for each major legal area, offering insights and guidance on finding the right legal support for specific issues like divorce, employment disputes, and civil rights cases.
Free Consultation Services
Details on how to access free initial consultations with legal experts in Temecula, ensuring that everyone has the opportunity to understand their legal options.
Accidents and Injuries
This area focuses on cases where individuals have been physically injured or suffered emotional harm due to the negligence or actions of others. Pro bono lawyers often assist in serious injury cases where victims cannot afford legal representation.
Bankruptcy / Debt
Deals with managing and relieving personal and business debts under bankruptcy laws. Lawyers offer free advice to help individuals facing severe financial hardships.
Covers all areas related to business operations, from company formation to commercial litigation. Some organizations provide free legal advice to small businesses and startups.
Focuses on protecting individual rights guaranteed by the Constitution or laws. There are pro bono lawyers specializing in cases of discrimination and civil rights violations.
Involves issues related to consumer rights and protection against unfair business practices. There are free legal assistance programs for consumers affected by fraud or unfair practices.
Defends individuals accused of committing crimes. Public defenders typically provide free legal representation in these cases.
Divorce & Family Law
Deals with family matters such as divorce, child custody, and support. Many lawyers offer pro bono services in cases of domestic violence or when children are in danger.
DUI / DWI
Specialized in defending individuals accused of driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs. Free legal aid is less common in these cases but possible under special circumstances.
Covers topics like labor discrimination, harassment, and workers’ rights. Lawyers provide pro bono advice in cases of serious violations of labor rights.
Entertainment & Sports
Focused on the legal aspects of the entertainment and sports industries. Pro bono advice is less common but available through certain organizations for emerging artists or athletes.
Estates & Probates
Deals with estate planning and probate administration. Some lawyers offer pro bono services to assist low-income individuals in estate planning.
Handles legal issues related to the health care sector. Free legal aid may be available in cases of medical negligence under exceptional circumstances.
Focused on cases where homeowners face the loss of their homes. There are free legal programs helping people at risk of foreclosure.
Includes everything related to visas, citizenship, and asylum. Many lawyers and organizations offer pro bono advice to immigrants and refugees.
Encompasses copyright, patents, trademarks, and other intellectual property matters. Pro bono assistance is limited but available for specific cases, especially for individual inventors or small businesses.
Lawsuits / Trials / Litigation
Includes all types of civil litigation. Some lawyers participate in free legal assistance programs for complex litigation, especially in cases of public interest.
Oil & Gas Leases
Deals with contracts and disputes over natural resources. Free legal assistance is rare in this area.
Involves buying, selling, and leasing property. There are legal assistance programs for cases like lease disputes or housing problems.
Covers tax matters for individuals and businesses. Some lawyers and organizations offer pro bono advice in cases of significant difficulties with the IRS or other tax agencies.
Includes defense against traffic violations. Free legal representation is limited in this area.
Free Lawyers Legal Aid
Refers to legal services provided at no cost for people with low income or in special situations, covering various areas of law.